Fixed Term Contract until 31 July 2019
Salary: NJC Spinal Column Point 31 £28,221 pro rata – 37 hours per week
As part of our partnership work with Thriving Kirklees, we have a new post available for a breastfeeding lead, who will be responsible for introducing and managing the new breastfeeding project together with the day-to-day operations including recruiting, training and supporting peer supporters. The postholder will report to the senior members of staff and board of trustees.
Essential requirements include:
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with families
- Ability to work as part of a team with supervisory support
- Understand professionalism and confidentiality in the workplace
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups and ensuring safeguarding practice is embedded and adhered to
- Ability to deliver training and support to volunteers
- Experience of breastfeeding or supporting breastfeeding
- Car driver/owner (expenses will be paid)
Home-Start Kirklees is committed to a policy of equality and diversity which respects the identity, rights and value of all individuals. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and all staff working with these groups are expected to share a commitment to this. You will be expected to report any concerns relating to the safeguarding of children and/or young people in accordance with agreed procedures. If your own conduct in relation to the safeguarding of children or young people gives cause for concern, Home-Start Kirklees child protection procedures will be followed, alongside implementation of the charity’s disciplinary procedure.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check at enhanced level and barring service check and the receipt of appropriate references.
For an application pack, please contact us on 01484 421925 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 17th August. Interviews for the post will be held on Tuesday 4th or Thursday 6th September.